Who we are
This website (the “Website”) is operated and owned by Filmmking Productions (“Filmmking Productions”, “we”, “us” or “our”). Filmmking Productions is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you submit information to the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, address, payment information (including credit card numbers), and email address. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
– Communicate with you;
– Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
– When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties (such as MailChimp) to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
We may process your personal data for a number of different purposes. We may use certain personal data we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Website, or use certain other website features in the following ways:
- To improve our Website in order to better serve you.
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Website feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of Services or Products
For each purpose we must have a legal ground for such processing.
Generally such legal grounds are as follows:
- you have given us explicit consent to the processing of your personal data;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are the party or in cases you requested us to process your prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligation to which we are the subject;
- processing is necessary in order to protect the your vital interests or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority laid upon us as controller;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party.
Embedded content from other websites
This website embeds videos freely available on the web. The assumption is that the uploader is happy for it to be embedded. It is sometimes difficult to ascertain whether the uploader is the copyright owner but sites such as YouTube allow copyright owners to have their videos removed or to monetize videos no matter who uploads them.
If you are the copyright owner of a short film or blog on this site (and are sure that another member of your team did not give permission to upload a video) kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove it.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Service Providers to perform Services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of Services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our Service, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to collect debts, to analyze and enhance data about users’ interactions with our Website or Services, and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal data or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
COOKIES AND INTERNET ADVERTISING
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use our Websites and our Services. They are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization. Cookies are not the only types of technology that enable this functionality; we also use other, similar types of technologies. See below for more information and examples.
We may use Advertising identifiers. Advertising identifiers are similar to cookies and are found on many mobile devices and tablets (for example, the “Identifier for Advertisers” (or IDFA) on Apple iOS devices and the “Google Advertising ID” on Android devices), and certain streaming media devices. Like cookies, advertising identifiers are used to make online advertising more relevant.
We use Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google Inc. servers. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google Inc. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us to understand our Website traffic and its usage. We also use Google Adwords
- Essential cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide our website or online service. For example, we and our Service Providers may use these cookies to authenticate and identify our members when they use our websites and applications so we can provide our service to them. They also help us to enforce our Terms of Service, prevent fraud and maintain the security of our service.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are not essential, but help us to personalize and enhance your online experience with us. They help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during member sign up). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors’ use of our service so that we can enhance and personalize our Website and Service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies may result in limited functionality of our Service.
- Advertising cookies and advertising identifiers: These cookies and advertising identifiers use information about your use of this and other websites and apps, your response to ads and emails, and to deliver ads that are more relevant to you. These types of ads are called “interest-based advertising.” Many of the advertising cookies associated with our service belong to our Service Providers (for example, Google Inc. or Facebook Inc.)
In order to opt out of interest-based ads from us in connection with an advertising identifier on a mobile device, tablet, or streaming media devices, please configure the appropriate setting on your device (usually found under “privacy” or “ads” in your device’s settings). You may still see our ads on your device, but they will not be tailored to your likely interests.
We support the following self-regulatory programs, which provide additional privacy choices for interest-based advertising:
- In the US: Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA)
- In Europe: European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA)
- In Canada: Ad Choices: Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC) / Choix de Pub: l’Alliance de la publicité numérique du Canada (DAAC)
Your personal data is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
AGE OF CONSENT
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- The right to request access to your personal data. This means that you may request us to send you a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- The right to request correction of the personal data. This means that you may request any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you to be corrected.
- The right to request the erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data in order to comply with any relevant applicable laws. Please note that sometimes we may be unable to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- The right to object to processing. You may object to the processing of your personal data where you know or have grounds to assume that such processing impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms. Also, you have the right to object processing at any time where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. We may demonstrate that we are processing your data due to legitimate grounds which in certain circumstances override your rights and freedoms.
- The right to request the restriction of processing of personal data. You may request us to suspend the processing when you want us to make the processed data accurate; or the processing of data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; or if you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- The right to request the transfer of your personal data to you or to third parties. It means that upon your request we will provide you, or a third party you have chosen, with your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to data that are processed by automated means and only in cases where you provided us with the relevant explicit consent to such processing or processing is used in course of performance of the contract.
- The right to withdraw consent at any time. You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
We will keep your personal data only as long as it is necessary in order to fulfil the purposes the personal data was collected for, including without limitation the purposes of compliance with any relevant reporting, accounting or legal requirements.
When determining how long your personal data will be kept with us, we consider following factors: nature, sensitivity of the personal data and its amount; the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data; the purposes for which we collected your personal data and process it; applicable legal requirements.
Where we are processing your personal data for marketing purposes, we may contact you at least every month to ensure you are pleased to continue receiving our marketing communications. You may require us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes or object to such processing at any time by sending appropriate request or statement to our email address.
In some circumstances we may anonymise and/or pseudonymize your personal data for statistical research purposes. In such cases your personal data will not be longer associated with you and we may use this it indefinitely without further notice to you.
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
Sometimes we may need to request specific information from you in order to confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We will make our best efforts to respond to all your legitimate requests within 1 (one) month. Sometimes it may take us longer than a 1 (one) month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
SECTION 14 – PERSONAL DATA BREACHES
We will report any unlawful data breach of this Website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors (if any) to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 (seventy two) hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority, in particular in the state or country of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes the applicable Data Protection Law.
However, we would appreciate the possibility to deal with your concerns before you send your complaint to supervisory authority so please contact us in the first instance.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION